Short description – While you’re on the lookout for admission to commence your college education it is important you start your search for a free student grant. College education is not cheap anymore hence students pursuing a college education attach scholarships to their degree studies.
The Chevening Scholarships is a universal bursary program offered by the government of the United Kingdom, and sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The bursary program offers awards to leading academics with leadership potential from around the world to enroll and study for a master’s degree program in any subject at any university in the United Kingdom. This offer does not cover students enrolled at online universities in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline – November 6, 2018.
Host institution – Any institution of higher education found in the United Kingdom
Level / Field(s) of study – Full-time Master’s degree program taught in any subject or field of interest.
Number of prizes – About 1,500 scholarships will be offered around the world.
Target Applicants – The scholarships are aimed at citizens of countries eligible for Chevening. Visit the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Value / inclusions of the scholarship – A Chevening scholarship usually covers university fees, a monthly living allowance, a round-trip air ticket to the United Kingdom, and additional subsidies to cover essential expenses. This offer does not cover students enrolled at online universities in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility – To be eligible to apply for the Chevening scholarship you are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of a country qualified for applying for the Chevening grants.
- Willing to return to your motherland of right of abode for a minimum of two years after your bursary is over.
- Have a university degree that allows you to enter a postgraduate program at a university in the United Kingdom. This is generally equivalent to a second class top honors 2: 1 in the UK.
- Have formal work experience of at least two years.
- Apply to three different eligible university courses in the United Kingdom and have received an unconditional offer of one of these options before July 11, 2019.
- Comply with the Chevening language requirement in English before July 11, 2019, either taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories.
- This offer does not cover students enrolled at online universities in the United Kingdom.
Applications for the Chevening Awards can only be submitted using Chevening’s online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page. Applications close at 12:00 GMT on November 6, 2018.
It is important to visit your country page on the official website to get detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship for a master degree program at any institution in the UK.